The following questions have been designed to indicate whether a person has a hearing problem.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do people have to speak slowly for me to understand them?
- Do I understand the conversation better only if I can see the person’s lips as they talk?
- Do I often ask people to speak up?
- Do I often ask people to repeat what they’ve said?
- Do I have particular difficulty understanding my children or grandchildren when they speak?
- Do I have trouble using the telephone and miss parts of words and sentences in telephone conversations?
- Do my family members complain that I turn the radio or television up too loud?
- Is going to the movies, the theater or performing arts center a bother because the dialogue is unclear?
- Do people accuse me of not paying attention or being anti-social at get-togethers?
- Do I find that I am avoiding social and family gatherings because it’s hard to understand people in large groups?
- At meetings or get-togethers, am I reluctant to participate because I’ve missed part of the conversation?
- Do I hear people talking but have trouble understanding what they’re saying?
- Does listening to a conversation take a lot of concentration?
- Do I think people are leaving me out of the conversation or perceive that I have a hearing loss?
- Do I feel frustrated and lose patience with loved ones because they have begun to treat me differently?
- Do family members make decisions without me because I have a hard time following the conversation and discussions?
- Am I now spending more and more time alone because it is just too hard to communicate?
- Am I missing telephone calls or visitors because I don’t hear the telephone or doorbell ringing?
- While in the car, am I having more difficulty understanding conversations and am I turning my head to look at the person who is talking?
- Do I think I have a hearing loss but am having trouble admitting it?
If you answered “yes” to five or more of the above questions, it is recommended that you make an appointment with your physician, an ENT or an audiologist to discuss your hearing health.
If you would like a referral of an audiologists in your area that is a ClearSounds dealer partner contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 800.965.9043.